Can you create an intriguing story in 500 or fewer characters? If so, enter our Tiny Story Contest! See the contest guidelines on the Events Calendar. Deadline for entries: Mar 1, 2022.
- Use 500 or fewer characters (including spaces and punctuation)
- Up to 3 entries per author
- Follow the contest guidelines
Winner selected by guest judges. People’s Choice winner selected by public voting at the Salmon Arm library. Entries may be used by ORL on social media, library displays, and website.
Psst – for reference, the above contest description is 500 characters!
· Each story must be 500 or fewer characters—including spaces and punctuation. Hint: Use the “Word Count” function in Microsoft Word to find out your character count with spaces.
· Do not count your title in your character count.
· Please indicate character count for each story you submit.
· If entering more than once, submit all entries as separate attachments to a single email.
· Entrants’ anonymity is preserved throughout the judging. Contact information (including an email address) must not appear on the attached entry(ies), but should appear in the body of the email.
· This is a community contest: only residents of the Salmon Arm area may enter.
· Entries already published, accepted, or submitted elsewhere are ineligible.
· No entries will be returned.
· Winning stories and winning authors’ names will appear on ORL’s website and social media.
Enter by Email
· Send entries as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
· Acceptable file formats: Word (.doc and .docx) or pdf
· The subject line must contain your full name and Tiny Story Contest. (e.g., "Jane Smith, Tiny Story Contest”)
· Please also submit the following information in your email:
× Your full name
× Age (if under 18)
× Title of entry(ies)
× Character count for entry(ies)
The Fine Print
Okanagan Regional Library takes non-exclusive electronic rights to post the text at orl.bc.ca, on social media, and in library-related presentations and publications. All other rights remain with the author. This contest is open to all entrants, except library staff, contract employees, board members and executives. People in these categories may participate but cannot win.